You need help, more information or a quote ?Help Centre
ICC DRS app
Our Dispute Resolution Services in an app. Download today.
ICC YAAF is organising an event as part of the International Symposium on International Arbitration "Arbitration and Its Evolution in Ibero-America, Conflicts, and Current Affairs."
This conference will explore the impact of online platforms and alternative methods of dispute resolution in the field of international commercial arbitration. It will analyse how online platforms have facilitated communication, presentation of evidence, and case management in arbitration. Additionally, the challenges and benefits of using alternative methods such as mediation and conciliation in combination with online arbitration will be addressed. The conference will examine practical cases, applicable regulations, and current trends in the use of these tools in international commercial arbitration.
Topics to be addressed:
- Digital transformation in international commercial arbitration: the role of online platforms and technological tools.
- Online platforms for case management and communication between parties, arbitrators, and tribunals.
- Presentation of electronic evidence and digitalization of documents in online arbitration.
- Alternative methods of dispute resolution in combination with arbitration: online mediation and conciliation.
- Challenges of privacy, confidentiality, and data security in online arbitration.
- Standards and best practices in the use of online platforms in international commercial arbitration.
- Experiences and practical cases of online arbitration and the use of technological platforms.
- Future perspectives: the growing role of online platforms and dispute resolution in international commercial arbitration.
This conference will provide participants with the opportunity to explore how online platforms and alternative dispute resolution methods are impacting and transforming international commercial arbitration. Lawyers specialising in arbitration, technology experts, representatives from companies, and academics interested in the intersection of technology and dispute resolution would be the target audience for this conference.
What is ICC YAAF?
At ICC, we believe that through training and mentorship, we can mould the next generation of leading international arbitration and ADR experts. Through the ICC Young Arbitration and ADR Forum (YAAF) network, we are able to better inform, connect and inspire young professionals with interests in dispute resolution and dispute avoidance.
Throughout the world, ICC YAAF organises a number of educational and social events that allow young professionals to discover best practices, discuss topical issues, network and create meaningful connections with experienced practitioners.
16:40 – 17:40
Impact of Online Platforms and Dispute Resolution in International Commercial Arbitration
Q&A session and closing remarks
Alejandro José Cáceres Lagos
Associate, Lexincorp Honduras, Tegucigalpa
Sandro Espinoza Quiñones
Arbitrator, Director, Arbanza, Lima
Ana María Rincón
Senior Associate, Rincón Castro, Bogota
Daniela Villafranca Lamas
Partner, Consortium Legal, Tegucigalpa
Silvia Trejos Zamora
ICC YAAF Representative for Latin America; Partner, Conexa Partners, San Jose
Conference Room UNITEC
2RXG+44Q, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
For more information, please contact:
ICC DRS Latam