You need help, more information or a quote ?Help Centre
The ICC Model Contract “Selective Distribution” is intended for the marketing of products through a network of qualified retailers. Selective distribution agreements allow the exporter to better control the way its products are marketed by creating a direct link between the exporter and the retailers who sell its products to the final consumer.
This model covers selection criteria, the distributor’s minimum purchase obligation, the supplier’s general conditions of sale and after-sale service. It provides a sound legal basis upon which parties can quickly establish an even-handed agreement acceptable to both sides. It saves resources for companies and their legal advisers.
Updated in 2016, the model includes a USB key presenting the text of the contract in a user friendly and fully editable format, allowing you to adapt the contract to your specific needs.
|Code ISBN :||978-92-842-0364-2|
|Weight :||0.3000 kgs|
|Number of pages :||24|
|Publishing date :||2016|
|Format in cm :||21*29.7|
- PART I: INTRODUCTION
- PART II: ICC MODEL SELECTIVE DISTRIBUTION CONTRACT (WITH COMMENTARY)
1. Scope of the contract
2. Good faith and fair dealing
3. Modification of the range of products
4. Legal status of the distributor
5. Distributor’s obligation to purchase
6. Conditions of supply - prices
8. Marketing of the products
9. Resale of the products
10. Assistance and training
11. After-sales service
12. Stock of products
13. Presentation of the products
14. Intellectual property rights
17. Assignment and transfer of the contract
19. Earlier termination
20. Effects of termination.
21. Previous agreements - modifications - nullity
22. No waiver
23. Applicable law
24. Resolution of disputes
25. Automatic inclusion under the present contract
26. Authentic text
- ANNEX 1: SCOPE OF THE CONTRACT
1. 1-a contractual products
2. 1-b authorised sales outlet
- annex 2: selection criteria
- annex 3: distributor’s minimum purchase obligation
- annex 4: supplier’s general conditions of sale
- annex 5: after-sales service
- annex 6: stock of products
- ICC’s international contracts series
- ICC at a glance
Selective distribution agreements allow the exporter better control over the way its products are marketed by creating a direct link between the exporter and the retailers who sell its products to the final consumer.
This ICC model contract provides a sound legal basis upon which parties can quickly establish an even-handed agreement acceptable to both sides. In order to assist businesspeople engaged in international trade (and the lawyers aiding them in drafting and negotiating contracts), ICC has prepared this model form of international selective distributorship contract.
The publication is the result of extensive discussion and commentary by the ICC ’s Commercial Law and Practice (CLP) Commission and particularly by its Task Force on Agency + Distributorship, chaired by CLP Commission Chair Fabio Bortolotti (Italy) and Professor Didier Ferrier (France), with significant participation by Task Force members Ercüment Erdem (Turkey), Erwin Gärtner (Germany), Klaus Meyer Swantee (Netherlands), Christoph Martin Radtke (France), and Michael Svendsen (Denmark). The 2016 version has been reviewed for currency by the Task Force Co-Chairs, Mr Bortolotti and Mr Ferrier, and Task Force member Mr Radtke.
Use eBook - How to download an ICC eBook ?Read more